Friday, December 22, 2017

Return of the wanderer

Today Crowded returned from its adventure in the USA as part of the Quilt National 2015.  It was good to unpack it and remind myself of the piece.  I have been delighted with the direction my work has taken after I embarked on printmaking.  This is my first large piece developed from prints, and I'm pleased to have it home again.
As this year comes towards its end I am still working on Soliloquy, another large piece developed from prints - lino prints this time rather than the variable edition collagraphs of Crowded - and one that I was hoping to have done in time to enter for the European Quilt Triennial.  I might still just make it, but probably not, and in fact I am beginning to wonder about making many more large pieces. 
I feel that it is time for a change - not a radical change, but a development, and the turn of a year is as good a time as any to ponder that some more.

7 comments:

  1. Are you proposing to exhibit 'Crowded' in the UK? I'd love to see it in the flesh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mags, but I have no plans for any display at present.

      Delete
  2. I'm not surprised you are pleased to have this quilt back - it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too would love to see your work in the flesh - and to see where you go next. You are an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margaret! Everyone's comments are so encouraging.

      Delete