Tuesday, February 21, 2017

My samovar

Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin: A portrait of Anna Akhmatova (image from here)
Another artist who particularly caught my attention at the Royal Academy exhibition was Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin.  I was looking out for his work, intrigued by this article which stated that he developed a system of using only three colours - as well as creating a line of perspective which showed the curvature of the earth. 
Petrograd Madonna (image from here)
I was also interested that his first art teacher was an icon painter.  And then I saw the dynamic picture below with an exact copy of my samovar, tray, bowl, knobs and all.
Samovar (image from here)

2 comments:

  1. How lovely about your samovar - it must have been such a pleasant shock seeing it.

    This looks like a very interesting artist, and I can see the influence of icon painting in the second image you posted. I look forward to seeing more of his work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a whole room of his work, Eirene. There really is so much fascinating in the exhibition.

      Delete